The History of MCBC
Below are pictures of the progress of Millers Creek Baptist Church over the years through the faith of its members to see it grow.
Millers Creek Baptist Church began as a community mission in the late 1950's and met in the upstairs of the Millers Creek Fire Department. The first Sunday school meeting was in October 1958, with 21 present. The first worship service was in February 1959. Millers Creek Baptist Church was constituted December 6 that same year with a charter membership of 26 believers.
A sanctuary and educational wing were constructed in February 1962 with an additional wing and church office built in 1973.
The church outgrew these facilities during the 60’s and 70’s. Lack of space and limited parking contributed to a decline in attendance. In 1981 approximately 14 acres of land was purchased. This property included the old Millers Creek school building, a well-built brick facility. Six years later the first of four phases of renovations was begun. The first worship service in our current building was on September 18, 1988.
The church began the Millers Creek Christian School in September 1997 with two, three, and four year olds. We now have over 180 students enrolled through the 12th grade and also an after-school care program which is open not only to our school children, but those who attend the public schools. Our church believes the school is a vital ministry to our community. You may visit their website at www.millerscreekchristianschool.com.